18 November, 2007

Less Than week to the 500K Relay

Next weekend is the 500K Summer Challenge. This will be my 5th 500K Relay. It's such a fantastic weekend. This year the course has changed a lot due to problems getting Police permits to run on main roads. We set out on Friday morning from Helensvale again this year but instead of finishing in Ipswich we are finishing in Gatton.

This morning Tegwen and I did 17k at 5:00 min pace. I really enjoyed the run today and finished feeling quite good. I would like to be able to report that I have been clocking up the sort of K's that Robert Song has but not so.

10 comments:

Clairie said...

Way to go Eddie. It will be interesting to see how the 500k goes this year. I hear there is some stiff competition but also that a few of the teams are still short some runners.

I can't believe the one year I am available (ie not working) I CANT run!!! aarrrggghh.

It is on my list of things to do before I am 50 though so I'll get there.

Incidentally what is your 10th marathon??? Canberra?????

Tesso said...

Enjoy the relay! I came 'this' close to joining a team as so many were desperate (must've been if they were asking me!) but ended up getting some concert tickets for Friday night instead.

Have fun out there. Can't wait to hear all about it. You are going to be soooooo fit at the end of it all!

Ewen said...

That Robert Song is a desiccated running machine!

I hope it goes well Rob. Say g'day to Rachelle (new in Canberra) if you see her. Apparently she's in a fast team.

Robert Song said...

Make sure you keep up the water on the relay. Wouldn't want to become decicated ;-)

Regarding your Blog Title , what is going to be your 10th Marathon?

Peterhorse said...

Hope the weather stays cool for you Rob. You'll get to clock up lotsa miles this weekend at least. Best of luck with it!

Samurai Running said...

So how'd it go Eddie?

Unknown said...

WOW! 500k is a lot of kms. Rob! Good luck & enjoy.

speedygeoff said...

Rob Runs. With no time to post, I think Rob's Still Running.

Ewen said...

Yes, what happened Rob? Are you embarrassed because Rachelle's team finished so far ahead?

IHateToast said...

so what is the difference between a 500 k relay and a 500 k medley?