04 November, 2007

Two Times Over

Tegwen, my running buddy, was celebrating her birthday today and decided to do that by running from Park Road to Mt Cootha, completing two laaps and back to Park Road. We ran with Tony, a guy Tegwen does speed work with, who is competing in a Triple Triathlon in Canberra in a couple of weeks. He is one of a three man team and is doing the running. Needless to say, he beat us to the top on both laps.

We did 27K's all up but it did take us 2:33 which was a tad on the slow side but I, for one, could not have run Mt Cootha any faster. I was totally stuffed.

Last Wednesday evening I competed in my 7th Cool Night Classic. This marked the 6th aniversary of my first ever fun run. This year's Cool Night Classic was incresed in length from 5.13K's to 5.75K's. I finished in 24:24. Under 25 minutes as I had hoped. I did the 5.13 last year in 21:55 so I have slowed a bit.

6 comments:

speedygeoff said...

There's no way Ewen would have 3 hour marathon pace at his fingertips. Probably took half an hour to figure it out, with the help of slide rule and abacus.

speedygeoff said...

Hmmm Funny order of comments?!

Ewen said...

Geez, he'll be stuffed by the time he finishes the third leg. The triple tri is a tough course!

24:24 is still good running Rob - 3 hour marathon pace :)

Tesso said...

A double Mt Coot-tha - wow! I haven't done that for a while. Hmmm, haven't done a single one for a while either. Ever tried a triple?

Peterhorse said...

i recall you flying past me at last year's CNC in the last 20m or so.... on that basis, can i have 24:26 as my time for this year?

Unknown said...

Now I know I've got no chance at all of catching you in The Canberra Marathon! But, watch out, Rob!