09 June, 2005

Thursday 9/6/2005

Helllloooo...........I'm still here. My wheels fell off this week. I have had a very busy week and things have been a little out of control.

After my big run on Saturday I rested on Sunday. On Sunday afternoon I went to help out on the running club's info table at a West End community fair. I locked my keys in the car and it took Keith Chaston (club President) an hour to unlock my car while I looked on and offered helpful suggestions.......thank you Keith.

I rested Monday.

Had to get to work very early Tuesday so decided to run at lunch time. I had a good run, Edward St entry City Gardens to Toowong Village and back. 12k in 54:30. I really enjoyed the run but......my right heel hurts like hell - not when I put it down but when lifting my foot. I had this, only worse, in the left heel in 2003 and that turned out to be a stress fracture. Fear! Panic! Noooooooooooo not again. No running, lots of ice, voltaren cream. Getting better. Phew! 20 mile at West End on Sunday in question though.

3 comments:

Ewen said...

Take it easy Eddie - missing a few events doesn't matter in the scheme of things. I hope it's not the dreaded 'plantar'. I use those Tulis heel cups in my shoes - they work a treat.

Horrie said...

Remember to listen to your body Eddie. We don't want you breaking down again. Stay healthy and you can continue enjoying your running. You know what the alternative is and you don't want to go there.

Unknown said...

Be careful, Eddie; sounds like something nasty going on there. Could you fly down & jog along with Wombat, Flash Duck & Tim tomorrow instead of that 20 miles??!!