26 June, 2006

M762

M762, that's my GCM bib number. Now all I have to do is play it cool for the rest of the week and get to the starting line.

I ran the BRRC 10K championships yesterday. 41:35, av 4:10 pace. It helped clear the cobwebs, not as Clairie said to me about her race, "I didn't want to clear the whole spider farm!". Also, unlike Clairie, I didn't get Gold. I came second in my category. I well and truly trounced again by Ron Peters. I don't mind though, Ron is always so gracious. He is one of the running's true gentlemen.

4 comments:

Clairie said...

I wish I had known you went for coffee - so did we!! And then dawdled along to Southbank to get our Race kits. Exciting morning...

Good to see you paced yourself well.

I will remember that promise to run me to a 42:30min 10km one day. Will be fun and no doubt easy for you!

Best of luck in keeping well and rested until Sunday. Look forward to seeing you on the day. oooh it is getting exciting now isn't it!!

Tesso said...

I can't imagine you not playing it cool Eddie.

Great run on Sunday. And coming second to Ron Peters is almost the same as coming first :-)

5 more sleeps - its exciting!!!

Toasty said...

Top run and great lead into GC ... I'm sure you will do well.

TD said...

Have a great run on Sunday. You ran well in Canberra and you have clearly had a good preparation leading up to the GCM.

So I am sure you are primed for a good one on the weekend. I will be thinking of you Eddie.