12 July, 2006

Running Cold

On Sunday morning a group of us ran from a mates place at Tamborine Village. It was the coldest I have ever been while running. I wasn't dressed for the cold and didn't expect it to be so cold. It was freezing and no amount of running was going to warm me. My hands were numb, my ears were frozen, my legs were stiff. It was not a pleasant experience. We had a really good barby afterwards but I still couldn't get warm.

This morning I ran from home and even managed to work up a sweat.

Tomorrow I am off to Kingscliff, just south of Tweed Heads, for two days for a planning workshop with my work colleagues. Should be a good couple of days.

4 comments:

Tesso said...

Ah Tamborine, not just cold but I imagine it was a tad hilly too. But what a beautiful spot to freeze to death in. We were up there last week for a picnic - middle of the day though, sunny and warm :-)

TD said...

Hi Eddie, we actually had -6 in Canberra yesterday and I was running in it - not that I am gloating, it was damn cold. Ah, Kingscliff for a "planning workshop" is it? You might get lots of planning done, but not sure about the work bit!

Unknown said...

Like TD said, Eddie, just make your way down here if you want really cold mornings!! Enjoy the workshop.

Toasty said...

I'm with you ... not fan of the cold