03 August, 2008

Biggest Week in a While

Finally, I feel as if I am back into training mode. My total K's for the week was 86. That is the most I have done in a long while. Oddly, I chose our coldest week so far this year to do it. On Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday I ran my 14K circuit. The times went 1:12, 1:15, 1:16 and 1:08. The temperature on Thursday dipped to -1c. I know it gets colder in places, but for me that was a tad too cool. On Fridays I like to put in a bit of an effort, hence the 4:50 per K pace.

Today Tigger, Craig and I went for a bit of character and set out from Park Road at 5:00AM. We ran out along the Western Freeway to Jindalee, then through Oxley to Oxley Road and along there to Indooroopilly, St Lucia, Toowong and back to Park Road. 30K of character.

I entered the Noosa Half yesterday and look forward to catching up with Scott.

Twigger will be away for a couple of weeks and Craig is running the City 2 Surf in Sydney next Sunday. So I will be doing 34 on my own.

3 comments:

Clairie said...

Noosa Half...gosh I can't believe the year is just rushing by so fast!!! I was hoping to do this one but it seems so close and I don't think I can train that fast :)
I'll be reading to see how you go instead!!!

Tesso said...

If'n you're feeling like company for your long run next weekend you can always join our mob on Saturday morn. I won't be there (C2S for me too) but the others will.

Ewen said...

That's definitely gloves weather. I run in the afternoons when it's much warmer - around 8C lately.

As you don't have to be sociable next week, you can run fast in the 34 ;)