25 August, 2008

Noosa Half

Another Noosa Half successfully completed...well sort off. There is no official record to show that I completed the race, or even started for that matter. My timing chip, no 496, didn't work. I was pretty upset about it, to put it mildly. Anyway enough people who know me saw me out there running my little heart out. Tesso cheered me on. Thanks Tesso.

I finished in about 1:34:45 and was very happy with that. Tigger was the 2:10 pacer, and finished a few seconds under that. Well done Tigger. Craig finished in 1:45. Great work Craig. Craig and Tigger will be running the Melbourne Marathon on the same day as I am running in Chicago.

Training is going well. I hope to concentrate mainly on endurance. Pace is secondary. I might have an opportunity to increase my pace alittle in the Niagara Falls Marathon because the competitors for that only number 360 at this stage. There are less than 7 weeks to go for the Chicago Marathon. Niagara is 2 weeks after that, then New York is 1 week after Niagara. Am I getting excited!

6 comments:

Tesso said...

That is so annoying about your timing chip. I did see you and you were flying. Are you sure you didn't run a sub 1:30 :)

Tigger said...

Eddie you have another fast run under your belt, chip or no chip. Keep this up and we will be expecting 3 PBs when you are O/S.

Clairie said...

I saw you WIN the race!!! No wonder you didn't register....you were going too fast for the chip technology!

Samurai Running said...

Angry were you Eddie? You could say you were "spitting chips" but I wouldn't ;)

Sorry I wasn"t there to see that and confirm that time, still as long as it felt good you can live with an about time at this stage of your preparation I'd guess.

Well done and all the best for a injury free run until you go.

Ewen said...

Too late now Rob - you missed a great opportunity to say you ran 1:28:45 ;)

Seriously though, that's a good run! The 'run a lot' program is working well. 7 weeks to Melbourne? I'd better get training.

IHateToast said...

big heart, robbasan. big heart.