28 July, 2008

Park 2 Park Half Marathon

Yesterday I ran my fifth Park @ Park Marathon in Ipswich. The event is organiised by the Ipswich Hospital Foundation. It would have to be one of the best organised events in which I have run. I really enjoy participating even though it is a very tough run, being 4 laps of a hilly course.

It was quite chilly at the start line and it seemed like an eternity before the gun went off . The first lap is 6.1K followed by three 5K laps. I got off to a slow start, my feet were numb and it took me a while to get moving.

My splits were 28:36 (6.1K), 23:57, 23:39, 23:36. My Net time was 1:39:50, 2 minutes slower than last year. Must be old age.

It is disappointing that more people from Brisbane don't make the effort run this event. Tigger ran it for the first time yesterday and enjoyed it. There were a couple of guys who came all the way from Tweed Heads.

6 comments:

Ewen said...

Nah, it's not old age Rob. You haven't been doing much since Gold Coast, that's all.

I can sympathise with your numb feet. Mine get like that when I run barefoot on the frosty grass at Calwell ;)

Did Tigger get the gig of 2:20 pacer, or didn't she want to go through the pain of running in circles all the way?

Peterhorse said...

solid run Rob. you hadn't treid to peak for it, so don't be hard on yourself.

Tigger said...

Eddie

I enjoyed the run but I stick to my original comment ... it was FREEZING. My feet were still numb at the end! N also enjoyed the run so it looks like you have 2 new converts, despite the hills.

Ewen

Yes I went through the 1/2 in 2.18.45 to be exact! I then ran back to Broadbeach to make up for it. It was a very rewarding experience, if a tad painful. For some people it was a PB but my legs were VERY sore from going at that pace. Having said that, I must have got something right as I have the chance of doing 2.10 at Noosa! I hold Eddie totally responsible for all of this.

Toasty said...

That is still a solid run if a little slower for you. Last year you didn't have such a good gold coast so I'd go with your better GC result if it costs 2 minutes at P2P anyday.

Tesso said...

Nice run Rob. Dunno how you do it in the cold.

This Brisso will come and run out there once global warming kicks in.

IHateToast said...

cold and loops. i'm a wuss.

i think in years ending in 8, time is off by 2.01 minutes due to something with the planets. so not your fault.