02 November, 2009

Catching up.

Wow! It is over a week since I ran the Lamington Classic. What a great weekend it was. What a tough race. I have absolutely convinced myself that I am no trail runner. The idea is very appealing but the experience is is something else altogether. I found that return trip from Binna Burra to O'Rielly's on Sunday much easier than the the Saturday run because I new the trail and was able to pace myself. However, I was only 4 minutes quicker on Sunday. My total time for the weekend was 4h 51m and seemed to me to be incredibly slow. Give me the bitumen or a concrete path any day. Even as we were driving home down the mountain I saw a concrete path my immediate reaction was to wish I could get out of the car and run on it.

I missed my long run on Sunday. Robyn and I drove up to Bundaberg to visit my 87 year old Mum who was admitted to hospital on Saturday. The doctors are still doing tests to find out what is causing her stomach and back pains and fatigue. I think she is just wearing out.

4 comments:

Samurai Running said...

Good that you are coming to your senses Rob get back on the roads ;)

Looks like you have some good genes. I hope your Mum can feel better.

Tigger said...

Eddie, you have to do the odd trail
Otherwise Ewen will turn pale
As you go flying past
You sure do run fast!

Admit you had fun
There was even shade from the sun
Ok the pace was closer to a jog
But it was NOT a hard slog

And at the end of the day
All we could say
There goes Eddie the Man
The leader with the plan!

Ewen said...

Don't listen to Scott Brown
He's an old man with a frown,
Admit that the trails are fun
Even in blazing Queensland sun!

P.S. Hope your mum comes good Rob.

Toasty said...

Sorry to hear that Rob.