28 November, 2005

Injury

After the wonderful 500K Relay I had a bad week. I went out on Wednesday morning, feeling good but taking it easy. About 10 metres from my front gate after doing my 7.65K circuit I was pulled up quite dramatically by a severe pain in my right calf. I hobbled inside and went straight to the freezer for the ice pack. Ice and linament have helped. It was feeling better by Friday morning an I thouht I would try a run. I got 100m along the street and had to stop an dn walk home. Bugger!

Sunday morning! I look forward to Sunday morning s so much. I love my long runs or Club runs. Yesterday I opted for a longer slow run rather than the 5K championship at the club. I was running very slowly but even than the pain began to build and after 3k I quit and walked back to the start.

I envied the other runners like Tesso, Lizzle, Hannah, Chunderchick and Rith, all of whom I saw out there, running and sweating and generally having a great time.

3 comments:

Tesso said...

Oh no Eddie, when I saw you walking all I could think was you were enjoying yourself out there with friends. You've gotta stop looking so happy when you are injured ;-)

I agree, I just love those BRRC runs. You think we would get sick of running the same loop over and over, fortnight after fortnight. Maybe we do, but I'd never get sick of the people who turn up to do it.

Robert Song said...

Take care Eddie. Hope you weren't doing a sprint finish on that fateful Wednesday.

Robert Song said...

Just an educated guess Eddie. Injuries like that normally occur when overexerting and something gives.

As for my win, luckily none of the big guns (like yourself) entered.