23 November, 2005

What a Weekend!!

The 500K Relay is over. Now to get ready for the next one. It is such a fantastic event. I ran with the Brisbane Road Runners and we came 5th out of 17 teams. We are pretty pleased with that. Over the three days I ran 6 times - 2 on Friday, 3 on Saturday and 1 on Sunday. Each leg of the relay is an about 5k on average.

The heat and flies will not deter me from doing the event again. I have done it three times now so am comparatively new at it. There are runners of all standards taking part and they all give the utmost for their team. It's awsome. I get quite emotional when I see the effort some put in. I wonder whether and when I will be able to give to that degree. If ever you want to be inspired and exhilerated and absolutely exhausted then the 500K Relay is the place to do it.

1 comment:

Tesso said...

Eddie, you DO put so much effort in. You DO give!

There's no way that you could have achieved what you have with your running without doing so.

Congrats to you and BRRC for your 5th placing. Awesome!