17 September, 2006

Disappointment

I have been looking forward, for some time, to doing the Toowoomba Hilly Half. However, on Friday I succumbed to a virus that has benn devastating my family. That put me out of the running well and truly.

I have just read on CoolRunning about Tesso's win in the 8K at Kangaroo Point. What fantastic effort. Nobody could be more deserving of a win. Congratulations Tesso.

I am Planning to run the Toowoomba Marathon on 15 October. I have done any specific training for it. I ran it last year in adverse weather conditions and thought it would be a good one to have another go at as the last big run of the season.

4 comments:

Tesso said...

Thanks Eddie. It was a great event, and a great cause (spina bifida). Certainly worth everyone getting out and supporting.

What a shame you missed the hilly half. But good to see you have another Toowoomba event lined up. I've been thinking of the big one up there myself.

TD said...

Hope you get over the virus mighty quick, Eddie. Being sick is never pleasant and it is the mental side that causes more problems with me (how long will I be off running, how much fitness will I lose, etc). But I see that you already have goals in place and the rest always does the world of good.

Ewen said...

Hope you're soon feeling better Eddie. Not long until October 15!

Congrats on the silver in the 25k champs. A pretty slick time too.

Unknown said...

I'm sending one of my best magic spells so that you will be up & racing well on Octopber 15th!