05 September, 2006

Bad to Good

On Sunday I went out for a run on my own from home. It being Farther's Day I thought I should be home when my grandchildren woke as they were expecting me to be there for them to load me up with their presents.......which they did.

I did a little over 20K but what a hard slog it was. I seemed to be struggling the whole way. when I arrived home I felt wiped out. I had to put on a good front for the kids sake but I really just wanted to have a little lie down (poor old bugger). By mid-afternoon I felt fine.

I had my usual Monday rest day then this morning I took the plunge and woke at 4:40 am set off on my good old faithful 12K circuit. I was really surprised at how good I felt. I thoroughly enjoyed the run and was pleased to get home in 59 minutes.
************************************************************
R.I.P Steve Irwin. A one in 20 million person the world will miss. My heart goes out to his family at this very sad time.
************************************************************

3 comments:

Clairie said...

Happy Grandfathers day for Sunday Eddie!!

I feel so sad about Steve Irwin.

Toasty said...

The world was a better place for all he did.

Ewen said...

Yeah, that was a shock about Steve. I feel so much for his young family.

You can't be a grandfather Eddie - you don't look old enough.