28 September, 2006

At Last!

After several attempts to update my blog, here I am at last. Lack of time and poor health have conspired to keep me away.

I am still feeling very poorly at the moment. the virus which KO'd me last week has left me feeling exhausted. Last Sunday I attempted to run the 10K handicap race at West End but had to quit after 5K. I was stuffed. It was good to see Clairie there putting in a big effort.

I am still keen to do the Toowoomba Marathon and hope that I will have regained some get up and go by then. I have run a couple of times this week, but nothing too startling. I see if I can clock up a few K's tomorrow.

6 comments:

Ewen said...

Good to read that you're feeling a little better Eddie. Take it easy mate.

Robert Song said...

Don't be worried about getting back into it slowily. A virus can linger for longer than you think.

Clairie said...

I got a mention
I got a mention

...(I feel like that little blue fish off Finding Nemo hee hee)

Take it easy Eddie. You did the right thing by stopping. You didn't look the best on the start line so I knew it was either going to be a short one or a hard one.

Toowoomba is not that far away so rest up and relax and get 100% before getting out there. Allan was just knocked for 6 for two weeks with a virus and he thought he was immune to everything.

Obviously some bad stuff going around - so don't let it linger.

Toasty said...

I hoe you kick that virus soon. Must have been a bad one to slow you down.

Unknown said...

Sorry to read you've been unwell, Eddie. I've been very slack with blogs of late & need to do some catching up. Hope you take care & get really fit before running.

owen said...

Sorry to see you pull the plug last week mate. Rest up and you'll be back in no time...