20 December, 2006

Cool Running

I can't believe this weather. The mornings have been so cool and running conditions ideal.

On Sunday morning we ran 18K from Park Road. We headed to the University of Qld with the intention of running over the new bridge accross the Brisbane River. However, when we got there we were disappointed to find that the bridge was closed until the official opening ceremony later in the morning.

On Tuesday I ran my 12K circuit from home. I would have been happy to get in just under the hour and was amazed to do it in 55Mins. The coolness of the early morning was a big help.

This morning, not feeling particularly energetic, I settled for a 7K run and, once again, was very pleased with my time.....33:43.. better than I actully felt I was running.

6 comments:

Tesso said...

It has been unseasonable coolish here. I remember this time last year we were jumping in the pool at South Bank after most of the PCRG sessions. I haven't even been tempted this year. So much for global warming ;-)

Clairie said...

It has been wonderful, glorious weather hasn't it.

I think the good weather will decide to stop this weekend because the world knows I am going on holidays and I don't have airconditioning at home.

Merry Christmas to you and Robyn, hope you have a good one if I don't see you at the Green Run this Saturday.

5.30am Ship Inn - we are running 16km going over the green bridge for the first time. Wear something green.

Ewen said...

Good on you Eddie. Global warming must be causing this cool weather!

I hope 2007 brings you more fast runs.

Robert Song said...

Certainly sounds like your training is going well. Sounds like it will be tough keeping you in sight at Canberra next year.

Unknown said...

Have a great family Christmas, Eddie!

Horrie said...

Good to see you still running well Eddie. Also good to see that the weather in Bris Vegas is not as hot and humid as it usually is at this time of year. Hope you and your family have a great Chistmas. Hope to see you in Canberra again.