04 January, 2007

Time has flown

Gosh where has the time gone. Christmas and New Year seem a distant memory. I hope everyone had a great time and that the New Year has lots of exciting things in store for you.

I have been doing some running and had the pleasure of having a run with Tuggeranong Don last week. Don was up from Canberra visiting family for Christmas. After he well and truly trounced me in the 10K race at West End on Christmas Eve we decided to meet up for a run on Wednesday morning.

We met at Park Road and headed for the Uni of Qld so that we could run over the new bridge accross the Brisbane River. It's good to have an alternative crossing to add some variety to our runs. It was a trip down memory lane for Don as he studied at UQ and, as a child, used to live at Highgate Hill, one of the areas we ran through as we headed for South Bank on our way back to Park Road.

It was terrific to catch up with Don again and look forward to seeing him in Canberra again in April.

Yesterday I had the rare pleasure of running in the rain. We need the rain so much.

3 comments:

Tesso said...

We wondered where you had been Eddie. If Tuggeranong Don didn't mentioned he'd run with you I would have believed Clairie's story about you running away to join the circus.

Ewen said...

Don had an unfair advantage - his local knowledge. Remind me never to run with him - he's too fast!

We've had rain too :) My street was a river on Sunday - could have surfed down it!

Anonymous said...

It was great to run with you Eddie. I might have had some ancient local knowledge but you brought me up to speed with more recent developments. I also really enjoyed getting to know you more and our post-run cuppa was very nice as well.