11 May, 2007

Back to the Blog

Yep, I am still here and I have done some running. I have not been running to a program though.

I had a great morning back at the Brisbane Road Runners last Sunday. it was really good to catch up with lots of people like Tesso, Clairie, Robert Song, Beagle among many others.

The 10K went well. I managed to finish in 42:09, an average pace of 4:12.

On Monday, the Labour Day Holiday, my running buddy, Tegwen, and I ran 33.7K. I found the run very hard and found I had to really work at just moving forward. We averaged 5:17 and were glad to get back to Tegwen's place where her husband made us a delicious coffee. We sure appreciated it.

There was no running by me on Tuesday and Wednesday. On Thursday I plodded my 12K circuit and finished in 63 mins, average pace 5:18. Today I was determined to put in a bit of an effort. I ran the 12K circuit again but this time in 54:20, average pace 4:31. That made me feel a bit better.

5 comments:

speedygeoff said...

12k in training at 4:30s? No wonder you're unbeatable by us mortals!

Ewen said...

Geoff's right Eddie. You're going well. Of course he didn't mention our normal running pace is 5:30s (probably because he doesn't stop talking the whole run).

Good job with the 10k too. Get that comfortable and 3 hours isn't beyond you!

Tesso said...

Gotta love a long weekend - you get to race and do a long run! Should be more of 'em.

Toasty said...

You deserve to feel better with such a good run, long may it continue.

IHateToast said...

you need to run with a trident.