26 May, 2007

Just can't get Moving

Since Canberra I have been stiff and sore and just can't seem to regain any bounce. I have enterted the Queensland Half Maratnon at Doomben and know I can make the distance but feel lack any ability to maitain the sort of pace that I will be happy with. I am hoping that just being there with my running friends will lift my sprits and give me the get up and go that I need.

I have done very little running recently. I did only 15 last Sunday, 7 on Monday and 12K on Wednesday. That's it for the week. I was happy with 56:38 for my 12k circuit on Wednesday but I am not recovering well.

Tomorrow's long run might sort me out. I am still keen to do the Gold Coast Marathon. Time is running out for me to get my mo-jo back.

11 comments:

Samurai Running said...

Hey Eddie

Well, your mo-jo is not over here.
I'm feeling the same as you.

So basically taking a week off to feel rested. I'm eating well and sleeping a lot and expect to start running in earnest at the end of my break.

Maybe you're right though, a run with your mates may help.

Ewen said...

56:38 is flying Eddie. I know speedygeoff takes at least 10 minutes longer to run 12k. Don't let him beat you at Doomben!

Superflake said...

You'll get it back Eddie. One day it will just click and off you go to the Gold Coast feeling good.

Tesso said...

That's what you get for having such a great run in Canberra ;-)

I'm sure your mojo is around somewhere. If you find where it was hiding can you see if mine is there too.


PS Great pic of your buddy Tegwin in R4YL.

Toasty said...

try something different .... a new route .... run at a different time ..... looking forward to seeing you at doomben

Clairie said...

Eddie you can't have lost your mojo....you are the Mojo. Haven't we told you that already how much you inspire and encourage us all to be better runners (and people!).

See you at Doomben.

speedygeoff said...

Whipping me two out of three will restore your mojo.

Peterhorse said...

After the stellar Canberra you had and six months of intense concentration on that goal and the commitment to your program, it's perfectly normal to have spell - the best race horses get to have a spell every season so they come back fresher. will have done you good!
...and, by my calculations, 15+7+12 = getting back into it.
especially at 56mins for 12k.

great idea to do Doomben, any race event will fire you up. have FUN!

TD said...

I love Clairie's comment. So true.

I think my mo-jo is somewhere out walking in cyber space with a healthy foot that used to belong to me. I'd give anything to have both of them back at present!

Horrie said...

As I've said to you before Eddie, you can't keep a good man such as yourself down for long. I'm sure you will find your mojo soon enough.

IHateToast said...

don't stress about it. stress won't help le mo de jo.

you'll get your bounce. just enjoy your runs. it'll happen.