18 June, 2007

A Better Sunday

Because I didn't intend running very far on Sunday I didn't get to Park Road until 5:30AM. The rest of the crew had left so I was on my own. I headed out along the River towards New Farm and Newstead. I was surprised to catch up with 3 of the early crew under the Story Bridge. It turned out they had only left about 10 minutes before me. Further along I caught up with 2 more about 500 m past the end of the floating walkway. They were heading to Newstead and across to the Hospital then through Victoria Park and back to Milton. That sounded good to me so I kept going on my own and got to Park Road in 98 minutes having covered 21K at an average pace of 4:45. I felt good all the way. Totally the reverse from last week's horror run.

Less than 2 weeks to the Gold Coast Marathon.

7 comments:

Ewen said...

That's quick! I think you need the 'Eagle 65k' reverse taper to slow you down a bit ;)

Tesso said...

Good news Eddie!

BTW there's a thread on CR - somebody is asking about the Ipswich Half. I know how much you love this race, perhaps you can give him/her some info.

Toasty said...

21 @ 4:45 .... nice!

Samurai Running said...

Hi Eddie

Should be very interesting how you go in the GCM. This type of training you've been doing, with its ups and downs, may just be the thing you need for a great race in July.

I'd never count you out. You must be starting to get excited.

IHateToast said...

energizer bunny!

TD said...

Agree with the others, that is quick. Your form and motivation might have been a bit up and down since Canberra but that "better Sunday" run suggests to me your underlying fitness is still in really good shape.

Thanks as always for your comments on my blog, Rob. I am going through a tough time at present on several fronts and I really do get a lift from you visiting.

Clairie said...

Gold Coast is going to be good Eddie!!!

Hope you are taking it easy this weekend!