19 August, 2007

Noosa Half

Another terrific Noosa Half. This is always such a good event. Because of the 2 laps you get to see everyone on the course and give your friends a bis cheer. It was great to have TD (Don) from Canberra out there today. After training in the Canberra winter, Noosa's humidity was a bit of a shock to his system. Toasty bought his 1:40 pace group in with a few seconds to spare. Well done Toasty. You seemed to be the only pacer to keep a group with you all the way.

I ran a good race today. I checked my pace after a few K's and was a bit surprised to find that I was running 4:19 K's. I was sure I wouldn't be able to keep that up. It did creep out to 4:23 at the end of the first lap but thanks to a guy named Gary (I'd never met him before) who said he was using me as his pacer, I worked a bit harder and managed to finish the race with an average pace of 4:21 and crossed the line in 1:33:14. I was very pleased with that. Gary came in not far behind me.

The CoolRunning cheer squad did a fantastic job again. Thank you Cirque and crew. I missed Tesso and Clairie.

7 comments:

IHateToast said...

you've posted already?! at least you kept the "fast" part of your old moniker lewinsky.

congrats on not giving in under the pressure of being an unofficial pacer. if someone said that to me, i'd expect to turn around to find a shell-bedecked reptile.

Horrie said...

Another good solid performance Eddie. Sounds similar to my half today, although I was a fraction quicker.

Clairie said...

An excellent effort Eddie!!

I missed it all but was thinking about you this morning in the cool damp weather that came up overnight. I rang a few people to hear all the news and they were all talking about Eddie's great run! So well done.

Good to see your performance has not suffered whilst I have not been out on the road to chase you down :)

Toasty said...

Well Rob, it seems you are every bit as strong a runner as Eddie. Most impressed with the way you ran and so good to be able watch you coming the other way on each turn.

Ewen said...

Clairie! How dare you call Rob "Eddie"!

Great run Rob. 93 is not hanging about. I can't wait to read TD's report. Why would a Canberran (Tuggeranongan?) complain about warm weather?

Peterhorse said...

well done at Noosa Rob. snappy time. name change? we know who you really are

Tesso said...

Well done Rob. Like Clairie I also got the word from my pals up there about your great run.