27 August, 2007

A tough 10 miles

After not running since the Noosa Half I set off to run the 10 Mile at West End on Sunday. After a week of rest I thought I would be able to manage 16K without too much trouble. Wrong! I couldn't believe how hard I had to work. After 6K I was averaging 4:32 per k and didn't think i could maintain that pace. I was thinking about the Noosa Half and averaging 4:21K for that race and wondering how the hell I managed it. I was running with another guy, Malcolm, and he started to put a bit of distance between us. I thought I would have to let him go. Then I decided that I was being a bit soft and put in an effort an caught him again. We kept each other honest then and by the end of the race we managed to get the average pace down to 4:28 to finish in 1:12. It was a good hit out after a lazy week.

4 comments:

Peterhorse said...

tough 10miles or just tough on yourself? 4:28's is good stuff mate. i like that distance, should try and get along

Ewen said...

Training between races is a hot tip I learned many years ago from Speedygeoff ;)

Tesso said...

No doubt you still had a bit of Noosa in the legs Rob so don't be too hard on yourself.

Samurai Running said...

Hey Eddie

Good to hear your still at it. I'm looking forward to following your progress here.