18 February, 2008

8 Weeks Out

A total of 80K's for the week. 4 12's during the week and 32 on Sunday. the first three 12's were a bit ordinary but on Friday I managed to get down to 57 minutes. On Tuesday to add some variety to my running I ran my old 12K circuit and on Thursday tried tried another circuit, not previously run, which didn't have as many hills. On Tuesday after my 12K I added 6 x 100m strides.

On Sunday I met Tegwen at Park Road for a 32'er. We dicided that after last week's flat 28 along the river we needed a character building run so opted for the Western Freeway, Seventeen Mile Rocks, Oxley, Indooroopilly, UQ, circuit. The Western Freeway bikepath is quite hilly and from Seventeen Mile Rocks to Oxley is one long continuous hill. I reckon we had enough character to last us a while by the time we got back to Park Road. we finisde the run in 2:42, a bit under 5:05 pace. Next week is 34K and we have already decided that it will be to Brett's Wharf and back. nice and flat.

I am not putting the effort to achieve anything extra special at Canberra this year. I put on entry form that I hoped to run it in 3:25. Anything better than that will be a bonus (I am hoping there will be a bonus tough) ;-)

7 comments:

Superflake said...

I reckon you are running well enough to go faster. Maybe under 3:20 at Canberra.

Clairie said...

Eddie anything over 3:15 and I would be suprised. You are running so well....but then again 8 weeks is enough time to get injured or bored with it all.

Keep up the focus and work on a goal - it'll give you something to think on when you are at the end of your 34km run!

Tesso said...

Those long runs, and the mid-weekers, are going so well. Why not have a crack at a 3:15.


PS How 'yuk' is that Western Freeway bikeway! Did it once, never again.

Horrie said...

Training is going well Eddie. Like the others have said, I'd be very surprised if you weren't quicker than 3:25. Looking forward to catching up again.

Samurai Running said...

nothing like low expectations eh Eddie. Most of us guys would still be single had it not been for the low expectations of our wives ;)

I'd say train for sub 3 but aim for a finish and you'll be one happy camper. except we all expect more from you than just a finish ;)

Ewen said...

If your wife reads that comment Scott, you'll be eating black fish for a week. By the way, for you, I thought it was small expectations rather than low expectations.

Rob, I've got half a dozen stubbies on you to thrash Scott and Spodychoff. Running 5s in training should see you around 3:15-17 again in Canberra - no pressure though ;)

Unknown said...

Nothing more special than just being there, Rob. Looks like you'll run a great race too!