04 February, 2008

10 Weeks Out

Well sure enough, Tegwen made it to Park Road last Monday morning. After arriving home from the UK at 11:00PM the night before she was there ready to go at 5:30AM. We ran 15K. A pretty good effort on her part, wouldn't you say. Definitely crazy! She is planning on doing the 50K in Canberra again this year after being 3rd among the ladies last year.

I ran 12K from home on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. On Thursday I had to meet some friends at Southbank for breakfast. Yesterday, Sunday, we ran 34K, some of it in pouring rain. It took us 2:52, a tad over 5:00 min K's. We did a loop from Park Road via UQ to Indooroopilly, Chelmer, Tennyson, Yeronga, Fairfield, Dutton Park, Highgate Hill, West End, William Jolly bridge, and back to Park Road.

That was a total of 85K for the week and I am again pleased to report that my knees have improved even more. Apart from having to have a little lie down on Sunday afternoon I have has no other after effects from the long run.

Don't worry Horrie, lots of people still call me Eddie. I think Eddie will be around for a while yet.

6 comments:

Robert Song said...

Gee that is a good effort to get off a plane from the UK and go for that of sort of run. Hope the Socerros can do the same on Wednesday.

Good news about the knees. My knees often feel their worst when I am running the least.

Tesso said...

Ha ha, I have had to start explaining to people who you are now I am calling you Rob. They say to me "oh, you mean Eddie" :-)

Ewen said...

Yes, she's crazy. Glad you're enjoying some of our rain up there Rob - is the new Qld advertising slogan "raining one day, wet the next"? ;)

Peterhorse said...

Yeah, well 34k at 5min k's? cool running there Rob...so to speak.

IHateToast said...

see, i can't get this rob/eddie thing down. can i just call you seƱior guapo?

Toasty said...

I am starting to have those nightmares of you passing me on the last bridge at Canberra .... I need to put my head down if I am going to make it even that far this year. Very solid 85k, well done.