18 May, 2009

Yesterday I went with friends to do the 11K Glasshouse Trail run. I have trouble running on trails because I don't train in that type of terrain. I managed to finish in 48 minutes. My run started at 9:00AM. By that time Tigger had already been running for 6 hours. She started at 3:00 AM in the 80K race.

My friends and I, along with Mr. Tigger and the two junior Tiggers, waited for Tigger to finish. She came in at, I think, 9 hrs 45 minutes (Tigger will know) to win a medal for 2nd place female. Congratulations Tigger! She still looked fit and healthy and didn't collapse in a heap. She said it was a very tough run, and I believe her. Somehow, I don't think it will be her last. Though Mr. Tigger thought Tigger a little crazy to run such an event, I could see that he was very proud of her achievement.

3 comments:

Tigger said...

Fast Eddie waited to see
That Tigger is out of her tree.
Tigger's Mother said
"You need your head read"
Mr Tigger was just glad
That she didn't look too bad!
So what can Tigger say
About this mt run in May?
Simply, thank you to all for their support.

Ewen said...

Wow - 9hrs 45 is fast! Two Fruits was out there for 10hrs 30 and I reckon he's a gun trail runner!

Tigger said...

After a couple of days rest
Is Tigger back to her best?
The answer is simply NO
She still has to go slow.
With very swollen feet
And blisters from the heat
This Sunday's run
Sure will be fun?

For the record:
Came 3rd, net time of 9.34