26 May, 2009

34K is still a long way!

After Tiggers' 80K last week and after reading the posts of Coolrunners like Digger and Tuttle about their Comrades run on Sunday I have been feeling like a bit of a wimp only doing marathons. However, my I realised too, after doing my 34K long run on Sunday (on my Pat Malone) and feeling sore yesterday and today because I did try to stretch myself and work a bit harder, that 34K is still a long way.

Tigger, of course, is already contemplating her next BIG run while I worry about how I am going to perform in a titchy marathon at the Gold Coast. I think in my life, I am going to have to run at least one race longer than a marathon (maybe).

3 comments:

Tigger said...

Now let it be said
Fast Eddie’s in good stead
For a GC marathon PB
Just you wait and see!!
To make this point
On returning to the coffee joint
He went up and down the street
To prove he’s feeling light of feet!
Other runners could only watch in awe
Spell bound by what they saw!
Fast Eddie’s aiming for fun
In the blazing Qld sun.

Ewen said...

Awe, poor Rob runs all alone
No Tigger to push him faster
For 34k like a dog after a bone
The GC Marathon, Rob will master

Superflake said...

Can't believe Ewen didn't spout about Six Foot. Come and do it Rob just once? 34k is along way on your own. Lots of talking needed to do that.