01 May, 2009

Old Person's Injury

I was went out for a run on Tuesday morning. I was feeling terrific and couldn't believe how well I was running. Then, low and behold, my right calf decided it had had enough and ceased up on me. i slowed my pace but still managed to complete the 14K in 1:09:37.

On Wednesday I went along to the speed session in Limestone Park. Chris had us doing fartleks on the grass running track. I took it easy to start with and as I warmed up (it was a 4 degree morning) I ran faster. Then on the second last "go" my calf called it quits again. I took Thursday and today off running to give my poor old calf a rest. Hopefully it will be good for a nice easy run with Tigger on Sunday. Tigger is insisting on an easy run after her super effort at Mt Mee last Sunday. Well done Tigger. 

2 comments:

Samurai Running said...

What is that exactly Rob? More than a cramp right? Let us know and how you get on with it.

In the meantime throw that blanket off over your knees, get off that rocking chair on the veranda and come on in out of the cold nights air.

Ewen said...

Rob, get mountain goat Tigger to run in steel-capped boots on Sunday and you should be right.

You need 'Skins' socks if you're foolish enough to do speedwork in Canberra-like temperatures!