01 June, 2009

Gold Coast is almost upon us.

The weather has been perfect for running. 36.5K along the Brisbane River yesterday was enjoyable. Not exactly in a "comfort zone" Ewen, but enjoyable. Ultra Tigger was with me for a while but had to head back early. Saving her energy for something big I think.

Next Sunday is the Queensland Half which starts and finishes at the Doomben horse track. I am looking forward to trying to blow some cobwebs out.

There is a little over 5 weeks until the Gold Coast Marathon. I am feeling much more relaxed about this year's event, my 6th, than I have in a while. I am looking forward to it actually.

5 comments:

Samurai Running said...

Perfect timing for the half before the full at GC Rob.

Should give you a good indication of what you're capable of.

I reckon you must have some fitness left over from the Canberra marathon training so I'm expecting great things from you at the Gold Coast!

Are you still thinking about coming up to Townsville?

Tigger said...

Eddie

I keep telling you, 2009 is your year for the Gold Coast. Given your recent form and the fact that you are so relaxed, I am expecting big things. No pressure!!!

Have a good run on Sun. Hopefully the weather will be ok and not too old at the start.

Ewen said...

What?! No poem from Tigger? What's the world coming to? Is she buggered from all that ultra training?

Glad you're staying out of your comfort zone Rob - that's what you get by having such good training partners. As for me... I'm always in my comfort zone because of my snail-like training partners - Spodygeoff and Strewth.

Tigger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tigger said...

Now to keep Ewen happy
Tigger better make it snappy
A nice little rhyme
About Eddie's GC time

With a little rest
Fast Eddie will be at his best
Can he come under three?
We'll have to wait and see.

As for Tigger's plan
It's to reach the stand
To see Eddie cross the line
In record breaking time.

As I said, "No pressure"