13 August, 2009

Marathon! What Marathon?

I can' believe it is only a week an half to the Brisbane marathon and I have hardly given it a thought. Until I read Robert Song's Blog I was just taking my running of another marathon for granted. I just intend to turn up and run and see what happens on the day. For Robert Song, on the other hand, this has been a goal event for which he has been working very hard and now has to let go due to his health. This has made me appreciate the what a privilege it is to run a marathon and not just take it for granted that I will be able to go out and just do it.

Tigger is training hard for her Glasshouse 100K in September. She is taking me on a newfound tour in the wilds beyond Mt Coot-tha on Sunday. I am wondering if I should carry an EPIRB.

3 comments:

Samurai Running said...

That was bad news concerning Robert Song. I really feel for him.

Anyway, I don't reckon you take anything for granted Rob. You'll put in a decent one, I'll bet.

Have a great race!

Superflake said...

Call Tesso to send a search party with donuts and coffee if you get lost.

Ewen said...

We all know women can't navigate
Especially Tigger, so don't be late
I advise you to hold the map Rob
If not, who knows where you'll lob?
Don't forget your satellite phone
Or you'll be lost for days, all alone!