23 July, 2005

Saturday 23/7/2005

I decided to head to Beerburrum and put in a late entry for the 8k. It was a very enjoyable run. A little muddy after some recent showers but not too bad. I got a whimp award for tip-toeing around the mud holes. It's a great event. Every finisher gets pottery mug. Over a period of time you can build up sets as each of the Glasshouse mountains are depicted on the mugs. You have a set when you have one of each of the mountains. Run67 and Karisma have 3 sets. I keep forgetting which mountins I have so I have doubled up on some and have none of others. i came home with one of Mt Beerburrum this morning only to find I already have one. I'll have to make a list.

The race entry also included a hamburger, cream cake with strawberries and coffee, provided the school fete next door to the race start/finish area. Ian Javes always organises a great event.

No comments: