03 July, 2005

Sunday 3/7/2005

It was great to meet and catch up with so many CR's today. What a difference it makes to an event have so much support from so many people.

Sadly, it was a tough day at the office for me. A combination of poor preparation and a crumby race strategy (my own..no one else to blame)saw me go through the half in 1:34, through 25 in 1:56 (my best 25) and die at 29. I suffered cramps and spasms for the remainder of the race and had to walk and run. I had to be helped from the finish line because I couldn't make my legs work anymore. The long finish shute was torture as I willed myself to finish with a run at 3:31:16.

Congratulations to all those (almost everyone I spoke to) who achieved a PB today. The conditions were almost perfect, spoilt only by a head wind (a nice cool one)on the south from the last turn-around.

3 comments:

Horrie said...

While it wasn't one of your better runs Eddie, it is still faster than I have managed for a marathon. Rest up and recover mate, you have earnt it.

Hannah said...

Great effort, Eddie :)

Robert Song said...

Considering your preparation since Canberra, I would think you should be very happy with your run. Get a solid training base in for the next one and you'll blitz it.