13 December, 2005

Gasping

This morning I decided to try something different. Very near my home is a very serious hill which I avoid like the plague. I thought it was about time I tackled it. So down the hill I went. I might mention that cars struggle up this hill and some people can't walk it. It's about 200 metres to the bottom. Up I went, it gradually gets steeper towards the top, breathing got harder and I felt like my lungs were going to explode and i was getting enough oxygen. I made it to the top gasping for breath.

After getting my breath back I headed down the hill again. Up I went. Having warmed up a litlle and having expanded my lungs the gasping din't start as early but it did get just as bad by the time I reached the top. This time, however, my legs were starting to object as well so I called it quits and had a bit of a run and went home. Next time I will try to get to three.

3 comments:

Clairie said...

Great effort Eddie.

Might have to come and run those hills with you one day just to catch up :)

I hope you and your lovely wife have a wonderful Christmas surrounded by all your family.

Take care and I will see you at some race in the new year.

PS. Why don't you go to Pat's christmas run next Thursday? 5:40am at Ship Inn. Family/kids welcome. No cost but go in chrissy theme. I won't be there but many others will be. I'm sure they ahve all missed your ugly mug too *grins*

Tesso said...

Goal for 2006 - 10 of those hills!!

Horrie said...

It's always fun busting your lungs Eddie running hills. It reminds you what you are missing out on now you're no longer training with Pat. Great to hear that you're enjoying yourself again. Are you planning to do Canberra in 06?