22 December, 2005

Thursday 12K'er

I didn't even hesitate this morning. I just got up and out there. There wasn't even any question about whether I would do my 12K circuit. It is a good feeling when you can just set off and you don't feel as if you have to psych yourself up to do the distance.

Last week I did 12K in 58:32, yesterday in 58:56, today I was pleased with 56:48.

While I was running I thinking of my friends in Pat Carroll's group and hoping they were having a good time doing there Christmas run. I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Last night I went with my Daughter and Grandchildren to check out the Christmas Lights at Collingwood Park. They are quite spectacular. At one house there was even a concert in which a group of children danced and sang a story about Santa. It was very good. The kids loved it. I am amazed at the extraordinary time, energy and expense which must go into these displays. Whole streets of them.

4 comments:

Robert Song said...

Was it easy getting out today because you weren't contemplating tackling that hill?

Tesso said...

Hey Eddie, wouldn't it be great if we felt like that every day!

As always I'm leaving things to the last minute and hope to see some of those light displays on Saturday night.

Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas. All the best for 2006.

Keep smiling :-)

Robert Song said...

Eddie, The pleasure I get from listening to music far outweighs the risks for me.

As well I very rarely run on roads and mainly on cycle paths. There has only been one occasion where I got caught out. I was listening to some new music and was very impressed with the use of bells in the piece. Turned out to be a cyclist behind me.
See you out on the road. (Sneek up to me from behind!)

Ewen said...

That was a good 12k Eddie. 'Not hesitating' is the way to go. Good advice! Hope to catch up with you at some event in 2006.