15 December, 2005

The Hill again

This morning I did my 7.65K circuit in 37:21 ( Monday was 35:27). On the home stretch I run a steady climb which takes me from altitude 11m to 72m in 1.5K ie a gradiant of 1m in 24m. I thought, as I neared home, that since I was wearing my Garmin I would mearsure the hill that I ran on Tuesday (Gasping).

I am not much of a judge of distance because where I estimated 200m it was actually 270m. The altitude at the bottom is 22m and 60m at the top, a rise of 38m ie is a gradiant 1 m in 7.1 m. Fairly steep. Enough to get me gasping in the 1:58 it took me to get to the top. I only did it the once this morning. My son, so I have been informed, used to, in his early teens, descend this hill whilst sitting upon a roller skate, not a skate board, a roller skate.

As for Canberra in 2006. I probably won't make it so will set my sights on the Brisbane Marathon on April 30. I haven't ruled Canberra out though as I would love to be there.

1 comment:

Tesso said...

Shame you're missing Canberra. But I'm glad you're doing Brissie instead! If I'm a water station sergeant again I'll ensure you get the extra special treatment you deserve.