22 August, 2006

4th Place

Like Tesso, I came 4th in my category in the Noosa Half. I pleasantly surprised to discover that when checking the Half Marathon results.

What a brilliant event it was. The weather was perfect, the atmosphere magic and the people were happy and friendly. A bit like Canberra really, but not cold.

My plan was to get home between 1:30 and 1:35. I made it in 1:32:52. Considering my reduced training since the Gold Coast Marathon, I am very happy with that.

I enjoyed the whole run. Clairie kept the pressure on for the first few K then a mate from the Brisbane Road Runners caught up with me and, having run in the Ipswich Half with him in July, I new that he could keep up a pretty good pace which would sustain me through the middle section of the race. I knew that a point would come where I would be over the hump and would be able to pull away. This I did at about 16K. I felt good and was able to pick off a few that had passed me earlier.

My recovery has been good and my knee is holding up well. I have been sticking to a strict diet of Blackmore's Joint Formula.

7 comments:

TD said...

A 92 is a wonderful effort, Eddie. Congratulations on the 4th placing in your category, too. I really liked your approach to the race and you were obviously feeling good during it.

You and I would make good training partners I think as we are both racing at near identical times at present. I am running in the ACT Vets half this Sunday and my goal times are 1.30 to 1.35. I will probably come in just under 93, as you did.

Tesso said...

Congrats on a great run Eddie. Its much for you guys to place well, the competition is fierce, so extra congrats for that 4th place.

Hope to see you at BRRC on Sunday, you know Clairie needs a rabbit to chase :-)

Robert Song said...

Glad to hear the knee held up well after the race. 1:32 is a fair test for a dicky knee.

With the way Tesso is coming back from injury, She may be telling you to keep an eye out over your right shoulder for Clairie, but she is just as likely to race past you on the left if you are not careful;-)

Superflake said...

Great run Eddie. 4th place is fantastic for your age group. Congratulations.

Ewen said...

Good run Eddie. Almost a podium! I liked the bit about it not being cold. You guys up there keep on rubbing it in ;)

Toasty said...

that hump was a bridge

Horrie said...

Fantastic effort Eddie. You are a model of consistency. You can't get too much more accurate with your time when you are aiming for between 90 and 95. Well done!