14 August, 2006

Getting there

After missing out on my run yesterday morning due to marshalling duties at West End for the club I went for a run from home yesterday afternoon. I did 12k in 58 mins and was just about floored by the heat. I thought it was supposed to be winter. I was quite surprised.

I have been suffering some, errr make that a lot of, pain in my knees over recent months. Today, though, I think it is easing. I have been running through it. After I warm up it not too bad, but I suffer for it afterwards. This has really been nagging at me and I have been fearing that my running days might be limited. Noosa is still very much on the agenda though.

5 comments:

TD said...

I don't think you have mentioned your knees before. Are you taking that glucosomine stuff, Eddie? I suspect you have got plenty of running days left in you yet and I will look forward to reading about them.

Superflake said...

Hope the knees don't hurt you too much before Noosa mate. Weren't you going for a PB at that one?

Toasty said...

"I have been fearing that my running days might be limited"

Eddie, we have many many years to go ... hell it's going to hurt .... but when we get old we will still be going as long as we want to! Thank God we are still so young.

Tesso said...

Maybe the knee thing is just a bit of inflammation. My sports doc suspected that my problem maybe be ... well ... you know ... "not youth" related breakdown. But an MRI proved otherwise. Could be worth seeing someone about.


PS Bring your Sunday Mail B2B liftout along to Noosa and Clairie and I will autograph it for you ;-)

Robert Song said...

If your knees have been troubling you for a while then it probably is a good idea to get them looked at. Not being able to ever run again is much worse than you could ever imagine. Do everything you can to prevent that.