16 August, 2006

A little too far

I met up with a couple of Buddies at Chelmer this morning and were undecided as to where or how far we would run until 2 seconds before we took the first steps. I it had in mind not to do more than 18K's as I am running the Noosa Half on Sunday. I also had limited time. We set out to do a loop from Chelmer through Tennyson, Fairfield, Dutton Park, Highgate Hill, South Brisbane, over the Gray Street bridge, along the bike path to Toowong, through St Lucia and Indooroopilly, over the Indooroopilly bridge and back to the start.

This turned out to be 22 K's and took 1:56. I think I will take it easy between now and Sunday. I can't say that I have trained for Noosa so my expectations aren't high, though I hope to get in under 1:35. If I am ever to crack the 1:30 the I am going to have to train specifically for that and Noosa is ceratinly a good race to do it.

6 comments:

Tesso said...

Hmmm, sounds like you may be driving the 95 minute train. All aboard!

speedygeoff said...

winter is disappearing from here too. Yay!

TD said...

Eddie, strange sense of deja vu reading your post as I went to schools in both Dutton Park and South Brisbane and grew up in Highgate Hill. I know those areas very well.

Clairie said...

I'll be running with you Eddie until you take off into the distance.

Just pull me along will you because I feel like you do - haven't specifically trained for this one and wish I had because I have been looking forward to it for some time now.

See you Sunday Morning - I'll be the one hollering ...."EEEDDDDDDIIIIIEEEEEE"

Toasty said...

Looking forward to seeing your smiling face a Noosa. I'll be a little behind you but keeping an eye out as I approach the turns.

Horrie said...

Good luck at Noosa tomorrow Eddie. I have no doubt you will run another good race. Look forward to reading about it.