27 August, 2006

14K Champs

It was a great run a the Brisbane Road Runners 14K Champs this morning. The weather was glorious......it had to be 'cause it is Clairie's birthday!

Though I enjoyed the run, I felt like I was pushing myself to the limit. I really think I gave it everything this morning, without killing myself that is. I finished in 1:01:33 and came third in my category behind Ron Peters and James Keightly. Ron came third overall so that is tough competition.

Next year I move up a category (or is it down) and Ron still has a couple of years till he turns 55. So there may be a window of opportunity for me to win my category at some stage.

8 comments:

Tesso said...

It was a fantastic morning wasn't it!

What a great run by you. Gee, things are tough when you have two of the fastest guys in the club in your category. So big congrats on the bronze medal.

I still can't believe you are turning 55 next year, I want to see your birth certificate!

Robert Song said...

It is a tough age group isn't it. I will have to contend with Ron for a few more years (not that I will be getting close to him).

I hope you have or are going to get some expert advice on that knee.

TD said...

Agree with Tesso, another tremendous run Eddie. Age is clearly no barrier to you. You don't look a day over forty anyway.

Clairie said...

I don't care what your age Eddie. You'd win your category hands down each time if I was the judge!

The most gracious gentleman there ever was in running.

Thanks for the big smiles and enouragement out there today.

It was another great run at BRRC and yes the weather was just perfect for running wasn't it?

Horrie said...

Fantastic run again Eddie. Happy to see you move up an age group and get away from Ron Peters for a little while at least. Looking forward to reading about those age group wins.

Ewen said...

It's up a category Eddie - we're always improving!

Congratulations on a good run - and not killing yourself ;)

Toasty said...

Monaghetti is in my age group!!!

Great run again ... don't know how you keep doing it.

Unknown said...

I'm glad no one asks me for my birth certificate! You'll be smashing records when you're my age, Eddie!