09 September, 2007

The Morning After

This morning when the alarm went off at 4:40 and I awoke with a shock. It seemed like my head had just hit the pillow. It also felt like it had been hit by a brick for, in fact my head had only just hit the pillow about 2.5 hours before. That was when I had arrived home after the Ball. I had a fantastic time at the Ball but at a cost, so my head was telling me. The Ball was the ENERGEX (the company I work for) Spring Ball organised by the Recreation Club. There were over 500 in attendance most of whom seemed to be on the dance floor all at one time due to the music provide by an excellent band.

I headed to Park Road and ran 15K at a 5:25 pace, the best I could manage.

Robyn, my wife, did not accompany me to the Ball because she is holidaying in Paris with her sister.

There was no progress on the cubby this weekend due to other commitments on Saturday and some post Ball recuperation today.

6 comments:

Samurai Running said...

Dare I say it: Sounds like you had a ball!

Tesso said...

My theory is we have to do these things occasionally just to put us wanting to do them again for a very very long time. Well, that's the excuse I use anyway :-)

Ewen said...

How did the glass slippers feel on the 15k run?

IHateToast said...

aw, spewin' ewen beat me on the cinderobba reference.

that ewen. ew!

Peterhorse said...

whew. thanks goodness! i thought i was the only one doing those things. better you weren't trying to swing the hammer that day or you might be out with a thumb injury.

TD said...

Sorry I haven't visited for a little while Rob - injuried yet again and having problems with 'My Moty' - yet again.

Amazing how much changes when I don't report in for a few weeks - your cubby's grown, you've changed your blog handle, and they are selling glass slippers in Brisbane now are they?