25 September, 2007

Something Concrete

I have had to give up my 12 k circuit for a while as most of it is run on concrete paths. My right knee and hip were beginning to get to painful after running the circuit. I now run a 12K, 6K out and back, course. Most of this is on bitumen but 2K of the 6 is dirt track wit a few ruts and ridges. I have run this three times now and am beginning to get some relief in my knee and hip. The knee pain is such that if I sit in one position for too long the pain gradually increases to the point I feel nauseous. This can happen on my 35 min train trip to work. Once I can move or stretch my leg it is almost instant relief.

Anyway, my first new 12 k was 1:02, 2ND 1:04 and the third, today, was 57:30.

On Sunday I ran the 10k In 44:15 at Brisbane Road Runners at West End. It was the Road Runners 25 year anniversary. They had a good turn out. The run was free and included, breakfast and sausage sizzle, and free coffee from one of those mobile machines. It was a very pleasant run and morning.

4 comments:

Tesso said...

Sitting hurts more than running - welcome to my world :)

Well done at BRRC. Gee, it doesn't seem that long ago that I ran the 20th anniversay run.

Samurai Running said...

Tesso's comment is spot on. But still you case seems rather bizarre. I hope you can find an answer to that.

The only knee problems I get are self-inflicted. As I often use them for finding furniture in the dark!!

Ewen said...

Good idea to limit the concrete running Rob. We're blessed down this way to be able to do most of our running on dirt or grass.

Nice 10k there - you thrashed me by a minute and a half ;) Bet you weren't even trying.

Peterhorse said...

You looked like you were cruising when i flew past you there Rob (on my bike folks ;-)

yes, i sympathise with you there - can't sit on a place for more than 30mins but i can run for hours? go figure

stretch lots mate, it helps!