01 January, 2008

1 January 2008

First day of the New Year! Where did 2007 go? It just seemed to fly by. What a year! Some highlights for me were:

  • Marathon PB in Canberra - 3:14:55


  • 3rd in my category (55-59) in the Queensland Half Marathon.


  • My daughter, Cynthia, graduated from Uni, Bachelor of Laws, Bachelor of Commerce.
Cynthia with her proud Mum and Dad.


2008 will be a big year. I have booked my flights for Canberra for my 10th marathon. In the next week or so I have to start forking out the money for the trip to the US which will include the New York Marathon. I will probably also do the Gold Coast Marathon.

Happy New Year.

8 comments:

Samurai Running said...

Happy New Year Eddie,

Sounds like a busy year. Just cause your daughter studied law doesn't mean you you can go breaking it with impunity ;)

Stay out of trouble.

Toasty said...

Happy new year, looking forward to seeing you achieve all those goals.

Peterhorse said...

Best wishes for the goals this year Rob!

Tesso said...

Happy New Year Rob!!!

Hopefully I'll see you around in Brissie somewhere before we get to Canberra :-)


PS NEW YORK!!!! I am jealous!

Clairie said...

Eddie that is a wonderful photo. I just don't think you could be prouder parents smiling so big!!

Congrats to her.

I am with Tesso - I am very jealous of your New Year plans to run at New York. That is so exciting and I look forward to your progress on the way. Hopefully i will be at Canberra to see you all run this year. I couldn't imagine NOT going. But like last year I don't think I will be up for the running of the marathon by then.

Horrie said...

You had a great year in 2007 Eddie. Great photo with your daughter graduating. You must be very proud of her. I will see you again in Canberra. My goal is to run it as well as you did last year.

Ewen said...

Wow - New York! Looks like Canberra will just be a warm-up.

Congrats to Cynthia. Your dedication to training must have been a great example for her that hard work pays off!

IHateToast said...

your daughter looks so happy. i know you must be proud.