06 January, 2008

Am I There Yet?

That's what I kept asking myself this morning. I set out from Park Road at 5:00 all by myself with the intention of running to Newstead and back, a little over 28K. At about 12K I was toying with the idea of cutting the run short and cutting accross to the Hospital and Vic Park. The humidity was incredible and I knew that much of the return trip along the river from Newstead would be in full sun. However, once I got to Newstead House I gave myself a severe talking to and headed back the way I came. I was so glad to get back to Park Road. I was stuffed. The run was 28.35K at average 5:01 pace, a total time of 2:22:20. I am glad I toughed it out and did the 28.

My week:

Tuesday 13K; 1:05; 5:00 pace
Wednesday 12K; 1:02; 5:10 pace
Thursday 9K; 0:47; 5:17 pace
Friday 7K; 0:32; 4:52 pace
Sunday 28K; 2:22:20; 5:01pace

Total for the week 69K

5 comments:

Samurai Running said...

Cool new title banner Eddie. Really freshens up the blog ;)

Ewen said...

Great masthead Rob!

28-plus km at that pace, and in that heat/humidity is impressive. You make Robert Song look like a plodder. If you're not there yet, you bloody well should be!

Peterhorse said...

Like the koala view Rob! Good effort to stick with it. funny how 28k seems such a struggle and it's not even half way in a marathon (effort wise). it's that early build up that's teh hardest i reckon.

Tesso said...

Great work yesterday. That had to be the most humid morning all summer don't you think?

IHateToast said...

what? you don't enjoy running through a hot sponge?