27 January, 2008

11 Weeks Out

Ah! at last a week when I have felt good and my knees haven't been killing me. I ran 4 mornings during the week, 12K each time.

Monday was rest day. Tuesday I had a slow start but gradually improved along the way to finish in 1:01. I repeated this on Wednesday and Thursday put a little extra effort in and finished in 1:00. Friday, having been pleased with the fact that my knees weren't giving me as much gyp, I set out a little faster. I find that if I do this it makes a marked difference to my overall time. I finished Friday's run in 57:40.

An unusual event occurred on Tuesday. A fox ran accross the road ahead of me. I saw a fox on Mt Coot-tha once but the is the first one I have seen locally in the 34 years I have lived in Ipswich .

Today I ran from Park Road and ran to the green bridge at UQ and then through West End via Dornoch Terrace and Riverside Drive, through South Bank, over the Goodwill Bridge, through the City Gardens, turned around at Edward St, received a nice hello from Anna, our runner Queensland Premier, then headed back to Park Road. A total of 22K at 5:00 pace (the last couple of K at 4:30).

Yesterday, while I was out, Robyn took a call from Tegwen who said she wasn't back in Australia yet but could I let her know what run I had planned for Monday Public Holiday..she's keen. That's why I cut my run a bit short today, so that I have something left for tomorrow.

I finished the week with 70K and feeling good about it.

9 comments:

Superflake said...

I guess the Premier needs a reminder to say "Go Cool Runner". Next time!

Toasty said...

70 puts you well on track. Glad to hear you are feeling good, keep it going.

Robert Song said...

Fox on The Run - Sweet!

Peterhorse said...

lol@RS - very clever. solid week Rob, confidence builder for this stage.

Ewen said...

Did you restrain yourself from saying "Go Anna"?

I've seen a few foxes on the run down here, but most that I see are flat on the road.

Hope you managed to keep up with Tegwen this morning.

Tesso said...

Did the quick brown fox jump over any lazy dogs?

Hope those knees are feeling better.

Unknown said...

Good news for those knees, Rob! Your knees have no business killing you!

I often see a pair of foxes in the paddocks where I take my dogs for their walks/rabbit chasing!

IHateToast said...

now i have "foxy lady" and the scene from wayne's world going on in my head.

Horrie said...

That's a good week Eddie. Sorry but I can't get used to calling you Rob. I am sure you will be running well when Canberra rolls around.