13 January, 2008

13 Weeks Out

13 weeks till the Canberra Marathon. Scott says 12 in his Blog. Maybe I have miscounted.

I was a bit slack in my training this week. Wednesday's 14K just didn't happen. I woke to the alarm and just couldn't get out of bed.

Today I did 26K. An out and back along the Brisbane River from Park Road. I didn't manage the same pace as last week, however, I was happy enough with 2:15 for the 26.

Peterhorse passed me on his bike. It's always good to get a friendly cheer when your out there struggling.

This weeks mileage:

Tuesday 12K
Thursday 12K
Friday 12K
Sunday 26K, 2:15, 5:11pace
Total 62K

During the week I submittted my registration form to the travel agency, Travelling Fit, to book my spot for the New York Marathon. I am already excited. I can't imagine what I am going to be like as the time gets closer.

6 comments:

Peterhorse said...

Good to see you out there Rob - you say struggling but i couldn't even see any sweat? How exciting to be going to NY! one of my top 10 goals.

Samurai Running said...

13 is probably right Eddie but you know I'm pretty superstitious and I can never say/write that number. That and I'm also bad at maths!

Tesso said...

I didn't realise you were doing NY! I am thinking very seriously about it.

Ewen said...

New York's a bit of a surprise Rob. If Tesso runs we'll have to work out some sort of a handicap - a 15 minute start for her?

If you come down on the 12th week you can run the 4k cross country with me instead ;)

IHateToast said...

nyc?! jealous here.

travelling fit got us to thailand and hawai'i. so helpful. and tell me she doesn't look like princess mary.

nyc?!?!!!!

i can't even go home to visit. say hi to barack for me. give him a kiss for me. oh, and for ewen, too.

Ewen said...

A handshake from me will do fine Rob.