20 January, 2008

12 Weeks Out

I turned 56 yesterday, so it has been an easy week. That's my excuse. Monday was a rest day and Tuesday turned out to be one too. Wednesday was 14K at 5:11 pace and Thursday was 10K at the same pace. Friday I missed because I had to be in the City early to have breakfast with my friends, Darryl and Michelle, with whom I am going to New York. They are seasoned travellers and will be able to show me the ropes. Saturday I worked in the yard and today I did 30K from Park Road along the Brisbane River. I was wearing my Garmin, thinking it had plenty of charge left in it. However, when I got to the tap at the Edward St entrance to the City Gardens I went to check my time/pace and all I had was a blank face. It was not a reflection of my own face I can tell you.

Fortunately I knew where the 15K turnaround was along Kingsford Smith Drive but I have no idea of pace or time. I felt OK when I got back so maybe I was not trying hard enough.

6 comments:

Ewen said...

Happy birthday for yesterday Rob! A mate of mine turns 56 later this month. He still runs like a 40-year-old.

Nothing wrong with feeling OK occasionally - especially after a 30k run!

Samurai Running said...

This 40 something year old would be happy to be running as good as Edddie when he tiurns 56 ;)

Happy Birthday!

Clairie said...

Geez your birthday seems to be coming around every year Eddie!!!!

Hope you had a great one and celebrated with at least a thought to your big run in New York.

It is always a good run when you feel okay...sometimes it is lovely to go without the watch and gadgets and just run to how you feel.

Peterhorse said...

Happy birthday Rob! Shame about the blanck face, but pace is really only for interest at this stage hey?

Tesso said...

Happy Birthday Rob!!!! You are the youngest looking 56 year old I know. Actually, you are the only 56 year old I know ;-)

Can't wait until Canberra!

Toasty said...

Happy Birthday ...56 is that a typo?