23 March, 2008

3 Weeks Out

Well at last the final long run has been completed and the taper begins. By this time in three weeks it will be all over and I will be enjoying a drink with fellow marathoners.

It was another steady week of training last week. Some of the times were a bit ordinary but I am pleased with the way my training has progressed and my present state of preparedness. I completed three 14K circuits, one 10K race and a 34K long run.

The race was the annual Intraining Easter Egg Run. My daughter, Cynthia, and my grandchildren, Jordan and Georgia, joined me. They did the 3K and later the 1K. I ran the 10 in 42:47. Slightly over last year's time, but I was very pleased.

After the running Cyn and the kids took part in the egg& spoon race and the egg throwing competition. They didn't win, however, Jordan won the giant chocolate Easter egg in the random draw. That sure put a grin on his face.

The weekly stats:
Tues 14K, 1:14:32, av pace 5:19
Wed 14K, 1:08:53, av pace 4:55
Thur 14K, 1:10:39, av pace 5:03
Fri 10K, 42:47, av pace 4:16
Sat 33.57K, 2:50:26, av pace 5:05

Total 85.57K

5 comments:

Samurai Running said...

Your training has been "hard boiled" Eddie. It certainly won't leave you with egg on your face come race day.

I'm sorry for the awful puns but all in the spirit of Easter. Hope you do't crack under the pressure of the taper and try to slip in another long run, sounds like your prefectly done right now ;)

Superflake said...

Happy Easter Rob. Training has been really good. I reckon you may be on for a PB this year at Canberra.

Robert Song said...

You might have to go back to being Fast Eddie if you start getting any quickier.

Tesso said...

That's a pretty sharp time for the 10k, no wonder you were pleased.

Taper time :-)

Ewen said...

Scott wasn't yolking about the "awful puns".

I think you're set to give speedygeoff a run for his money Rob. That 42.47 in the midst of a solid week was impressive.

Don't forget, you'll be enjoying a drink with the odd ring-in 5ker too :)