30 March, 2008

2 Weeks Out

I must have eaten too much chocolate at Easter because I was feeling pretty crappy up until this morning. After the 34K on Easter Saturday I rested, and ate chocolate for 2 days. I ran 14K on Tuesday and cut back to 12K for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Saturday I rested again. The program for today was to either run 26K or run a 10K race. Since my running buddy, Tegwen, was running a 10K for a team at the Mooloolaba Triathlon, I decide to head to
West End and run a 10K race. I was pleased that I did as I felt terrific. I enjoyed the run and I enjoyed crossing the line in 41:30. After my 42:47 for 10K on Good Friday I was really chuffed.
Tegwen sent me a text to say she ran well and was happy with her effort. So 2 happy runners.

It was very cool here this morning. My wife, Robyn, is in Tassie at the moment and has a fire going. She says it is very cold and windy. Even the locals are rugging up. So I am thinking that I might get to experience one of Canberra's colder marathons. The three that I have done previously have all been very mild.

My stats for the week:
Tue 14K, 1:12:03, Av Pace 5:09
Wed 12K, 1:01:15, Av Pace 5:05
Thu 12K, 1:03:01, Av pace 5:15
Fri 12K, 1:04:55, Av pace 5:25
Sun 10K, 0:41:30, Av pace 4:08, best pace 3:58 (last K)

Total for week 60K

It was great to see you this morning Tesso. Tesso won the 5K. I sure miss Clairie yelling at me.

7 comments:

Superflake said...

A nice confidence booster for Canberra. Shows the speed is there for a Mara PB. Good one mate.

Ewen said...

You deserve to be chuffed Rob - 41:30 is bloody fantastic for a slightly older bloke. Glad your buddy Tegwen had a good one too. As for that Tesso, can you slip her a few beers NOT to run the 3k TT this week?

Yes, definitely a cool feel in the air the past few days - with luck you'll get single digits at the start, rising to the low teens. Bring your gloves :)

Samurai Running said...

Hey Eddie

Yes, excellent 10K result we would all be happy to be running that sort of time.

If it's cold come marathon day I reckon it will be a boost to your chances of running a fast one.

10K at 42:30 might seem a little easier in say 14 degree heat after your recent 10K effort and that would put you on target for a sub 3!!

Not that I'm pressuring you or anything ;)

Tesso said...

It was just like old times seeing you this morn at BRRC! And what a great run you had. You still smiling?

Oh, and I was only 2nd, some young chicky babe came 1st ... I think she was using you as a pacer :)

Clairie said...

Well done on the 10k!

My sister lives in Canberra and it is 3deg for the past week at night. Even colder some nights.....so likely by Marathon week it will be below 0.

I agree...this year seems to be shaping up for a cold marathon. That should be good for the second half Eddie. Either way - you'll do a good run with all this great training behind you!

Peterhorse said...

wow, hot time for teh 10k Rob. Another big Canberra coming up :-)good luck if i don't see you before then.

Unknown said...

"A slight older bloke" Ewen calls you!

I daren't think og what hie calls me. See you next weekend, Rob.