07 September, 2008

Ah! That's better!

After last Sunday's crazy run I took it fairly steady during the week. I rested on Monday and ran my 14K circuit Tuesday to Friday with Thursday being my quickest with an average pace of 5 minutes. On Saturday morning Craig and I met Tigger at her place and we ran a circuit through Tennyson, Fairfield, West End, Southbank, Toowong and Indooroopilly to get Tigger and I home in 2:48 for a 32K run. Craig didn't fair too well and after dropping behind at Highgate Hill, took a shortcut back where he was waiting for us when we arrived. Tigger's husband once again treated us to espresso cofffee which is always good. I finished a very pleasant Father's day with a 7K run bringing my total for the week to 95K.

We, that is my my friends Darryl and Gidget, and I, leave for the US on the 8th October. We fly from Sydney direct to San Francisco where we spend a couple of days before heading to Chichago. The excitement is building.

5 comments:

Tesso said...

Be sure to wear a flower in your hair.

Ewen said...

You'll like San Francisco (if you can see the bridges through the fog).

Great opportunity for some last-minute hill training :)

Robert Song said...

The windy weather on Saturday should have been good training for Chicago.

What a great trip it will be for you.

Anonymous said...

i hope you take the time to see chicago, too. the natural history museum is great.

be sure to bring ewen back an I (heart) Palin t-shirt. i know he wants one.

Ewen said...

Yes ihatetoast, I'll wear it through Brisbane and get mobbed by pig-shooting ute-driving sheilas from FNQ.