21 September, 2008

Ghicago in 3 Weeks

Whow! I can't believe it, only three weeks until the Chicago Marathon. My bib # is 2039. I guess I had better start tapering.

Tigger and I did 31K this morning. Craig is away on holidays with his family. We ran from Park Road and did the circuit via tha Goodwill bridge, Highgate Hill, Brisbane Corso, Tennyson, Chelmer, Indooroopilly, UQ and Coronation Drive. The storm season has started early this year. We had storms last night so it was fairly humid this morning, though not too bad. As I am typng I can hear another storm rolling in. The thunder sounds almost continuous so it is hard to judge how far away it is. We don't usually get the storms until October.

I was having a look at photos of the 2007 Niagara Falls Marathon. I can't believe the amount of cloths the runners were wearing. I must have been quite cold. That makes me a be nervous. I haven't had much cold weather running experience really. It did get down to -2 here early in August so I wore a long sleeve top and cotton gloves, However the runners in the photos are wearing long pants, jackets, beanies, thick gloves etc. That's scarey! Singlet, shorts, and a cap may be a little underdone I think.

4 comments:

Samurai Running said...

Probably Chicago will be cold enough to help you acclimatize to Niagara. In any event you are going to have a unique experience.
I envy you!!

Ewen said...

I think Robert Song still has the parka and gloves I loaned him for the Canberra Marathon one year, so give him a yell. Then, add layers!

That's a bit short for Tigger isn't it? How's she going to make 64k?

Tigger said...

I keep telling him it can snow in Canada in October! I think Eddie is finally beginning to believe me and is preparing (15 more sleeps).

As for me, the biggest problem (other than the distance) is the lack of a support team ... not a problem Eddie is going to suffer from!

Tesso said...

I'm getting so excited for you Rob! The time seems to have flown, can't believe its only 3 weeks now.