03 March, 2009

Bundy Boy

Last week was not the best training week I have had. I didn't do my long run on Sunday. I drove up to Bundaberg on Saturday to visit my Mum. I hadn't been up for a while. My Mum will be 87 in May. She lives on her own and still drives her car. More often than not she is running errands for little old ladies who are in some case younger than her.

Since I had to do the return trip, a 4.5hr drive, on Sunday afternoon, I thought it wise to not do my run so that I would not be tired out before the drive. I didn't want to become another statistic. There are so many accidents caused by fatigue.

I did a 14K run this morning. The humidity is absolutely unbelievable. It took me at least 45 minutes to stop sweating afterwards. The humidity just seems to sap so much energy. It really knocks me around. I am looking forward to nice cool run in Canberra. It will probably be freezing. I hope Ewen can exert some influence over the weather conditions in Canberra. Although if tried last year, he failed miserably. I am counting on nice cool, perfect running weather.

4 comments:

Clairie said...

yahhh pray for cooler weather in Canberra!!!

I ran this morning for 20km but it felt like 40km. I am soooo exhausted and I know it is not the distance...it was the heat/humidity that has totally sapped me! I can't believe how bad I am feeling.

So yes, bring on the cooler weather!

Tigger said...

Eddie doesn't like heat
Tigger has bad feet
As for the Sun run
It will be fun?

With each extra mile
Eddie will smile
Setting a pace
Reserved for a race!

Ewen said...

No need to pray,
The weather does what I say,
It will be 15C all day,
No humidity to fear,
Too cold for drinking beer,
I'll make it dead calm and sunny,
Perfect weather for a bunny,
But don't start too fast,
Or for 42.2k you may not last.

Eagle said...

Runners and poets !!! I am no hope of doing that double. Sydney has had its usual February humidity and it does make running difficult and unpleasant however this morning in Sydey was the first morning that it was cool and very little humidity. Autum in Sydney has started. I guess you will have to wait until April and Canberra.