29 March, 2009

A Sick Tigger

Tigger has been sick all week but she did come for a run with me this morning. She was going to run out with me then turn back but changed the plan, as she is prone to do, and ran to a point where she could cut back to Park Road while I trudged on.

We went out along the Western Freeway to Indooroopilly  and headed across to the University of Queensland where Tigger left me at the Green Bridge and headed to Park Road while I went over the bridge and through West End, Southbank, Kangaroo Point, Dockside, Story Bridge and back to Park Road. 35.3K for me in 3:07 at 5:19 pace.

I went along to the Galeforce speed session again on Wednesday. 1K TT (3:49) 6 x 300m reps with 100m recovery then another 1K TT (3:50). I was pretty stuffed after that session, however, I haven't had the soreness that I had after the hill session the week before. I wish I had started this months ago.

While running today I stopped and had a quick chat to CoolRunner Tuttle. He is not long back from Korea where he ran a 3:09 Marathon. Tuttle's running has improved tremendously since he moved to Brisbane from Newcastle. He is now training for Comrades which is 8 weeks away.

12 comments:

Tigger said...

Tigger still has a bug
Eddie still feels smug
Tigger was feeling low
Knowing her pace would be slow.

They set for their Sun run
With no sign of sun
Tigger said she wouldn't go long
Even if (?) she felt strong (ha ha).

Eventually they reached a place
Where Eddie could go off at his pace
He was now on his own
Taking the long way home!

We know Eddie is sane (?)
But the question does remain
Did he have fun
Without the blazing sun?

Clairie said...

Yah...last long run done now Eddie.

That speed session of Galeforces sounds like a torture session..but yeah its one I love too!

It is soo good when we are running long and then you do a speed session of about 9-15k all up. It makes you work hard but the endurance from the long runs makes it seem quite bearable.

That Tuttle - we see him running everywhere so no wonder he is improving in his running. Looking so fit!!!

Ewen said...

Very speedy 1000s Rob. Keep that up and I might find myself backing you to beat Toasty in Canberra.

Maybe run on the other side of the road with Tigger - you don't want to catch any bugs at this stage of the game.

Tigger said...

Ewen I thought I would put the bugs in the post and send them to you so that you felt like a Qlder!

Toasty said...

I had a run with Tuttle about a month ago. He is really enjoying it.

I think this will set you up well for Gold Coast. Might even be more of peak for Canberra at the same time.

Toasty said...

Fighting words Ewen!

Robert Song said...

With those speed sessions we will have to go back to calling you Fast Eddie.

Enjoy the next few weeks.

With Toasty picking up an injury that bet could be a good one Ewen.

Ewen said...

Toasty, I like a good fight. Go Rob!

I already feel like a Qlder Tigger - the weather's been so perfect down here - hot and dry - just the thing for watching a marathon.

Rob said...

I think that the last long run bfore taper is a good indicator of how I will fare in marathon. There are 2 indicators: 1. The pace you ran the long run - mine, at 5:19 was slower than for previous marathons. 2. Recovery after the long run - my recovery has been good.

Samurai Running said...

That Ewen would bet on two bugs on a wall. Just to be safe wash your hands and gargle after your next run with Tigger or I might put a fiver down on Toasty myself ;)

Tigger said...

In a drama filled week
Tigger is forced to speak
Up in her defence
At Scott and Ewen's expense
I want Eddie to stay well
So on his return he can tell
How he ran a PB
That I wasn't there to see!

This being the case
The bug needs a new place
Where it will feel at home
And no need to roam
Scott/Ewen I could send it to you?
That, or I'll ask if it can split in two!

Ewen said...

Tigger, thanks for your offer
But I'd like to proffer
There's no need to slow me down
So send it to Scott Brown